FRONT ROOM MUSIC 40TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT AT SIMM'S IN LAKEWOOD, COLORADO
September 24,2016... We floated in Colorado sunshine above the foothills west of Denver, born on "friendship, love and music in a city in the clouds"...
I began kicking around the idea of Front Room Music as “a publishing house and song treasury” in 1973, in Denver. That’s where the early chapters of my musical odyssey began; playing in front rooms, back yards, and coffee houses. The songwriters and artists who made music then and there are forever woven into the fabric of my musical and spiritual existence. In 1976 FRM became official. Forty years later, we gathered the far flung Front Room Music clan to celebrate our journey.
Photos by Leslie Stricklan unless noted.
1) Angi 2) Russ 3) "Ranger" Butch
4) Eric 5) Maynard
6) Debi and Phil
9) Jack 10) Jack and Russ
11) Jack and Jim
12 & 13) Jim
14) Jim and Leslie (Photo by Tim Austin.)
15) Scott 16) Mary Ann and Eric dancing 17) Sarah
18) "Ranger" Butch, Jim, Russ, Maynard.
(Photo by Tim Austin.)
19) Finale ovation 20) Denver skyline seen from the Simms City View room.
21) Tim and Mark seated, John, Alan and Terry standing.